Sunday, May 5, 2013

Ode to the Reader


You read my words first.
Perhaps out loud,
or maybe in your head.

I wonder what your voice sounds like.
I wonder how you’ll say each word.
Pronounce each syllable, 
hang on to me.

Maybe a part of you falls in love.
In love with the words,
in love with me.
Maybe a part of you never stops reading.

Perhaps you hate me.
These words are childish.
Poetry is blissful ignorance.
Love, death, the art of a blossoming tree.

I have always loved you, though.
I have waited for you to read me.
To spread your fingers across the page,
The warmth of you delights me.

I wont ever stop loving you,
In fact I wont ever leave.
I will be right here,
Stuck in the pages.

Stuck in the words,
the sentences,
the syllables that you slur so carefully.
I have loved you all along.

And even if you forget,
I will love you then too.
Because poetry is made to love,
And for you I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment